Friday, February 29, 2008

fashion fashion fashion blah blah blah

I have spent my down time on desk filling my google reader with fashion blogs. Greeeat idea, right? I blame it all on my sleep deprived brain realizing this morning I was wearing vintage clothing spanning about 40 years. This, of course, means I'm including 80's clothing as being vintage which makes me uncomfortable too but that's what the kids are calling 501's from the 80's these days. Anyway, it was suggested I should take a picture but as I'm the single most un-photogenic person I know I refused. I have, however, joined a group on flickr called wardrobe_remix and if I can convince someone to take the pictures I may start submitting.

All this new found inspiration means I've got it in my head I should spend tomorrow scouring the second hand shops about town. And get my dress form back from the Boys and Girls Club. And buy an actual kitchen table with actual chairs so I can take the existing table and chair downstairs for a cutting table/sewing machine table. And I'm thinking once I pay back mi madre and mi padre for my last plane ticket I might buy a new machine. I'll definitely still use my old machine as nothing stitches better than an all metal 1970s Singer, but I need attachments. I need a zipper foot and a button-holer. As I'm clearly not sleeping these days I've found myself lying in bed trying to fall asleep and having visions of summer sleeveless dressy-ish shirts made of this really funky fabric my sister gave me that used to belong to her husband's grandmother. Soooo 70's. I've also had visions of simple wrap skirts with fabric from my stash. And short a-line smock dresses.

When inspiration strikes, I should probably listen.

1 comment:

metal said...

when inspiration strikes, hit it back