Monday, March 3, 2008

the historical conquests of erin's weekend

Saturday morning thrifting where I found a 1970ish JC Penney's dress that needs a little bit of reconstructing as no one should ever wear a dress with an elastic "waist" 6 inches above one's natural waist.

Rock the Bells. A documentary about a concert promoter responsible for the last time Wu-Tang Clan performed together before O.D.B. died. Dang. I kept thinking of Brandon. Only Brandon would probably cry if he had to deal with O.D.B. Or Redman. It was badass.

Raleigh.

Wilco on Saturday night live playing Walken. Though I was not down with Tweedy's suit. I'm sorry but you don't get to dress like an icon until you actually are an icon.

Grocery shopping at the Acres of Thrift on a mere 5 hours of sleep. No. Seriously. I had a good time. It was sunny and 50 degrees.

Tres Lobos avec frozen margarita on Sunday afternoon.

Maxed Out and The Persuaders. I feel really grateful for my small life. And my lack of credit cards.

The scene in the new Family Guy episode where Stewie was at a Dead concert with pupils the size of dinner plates trying to sell the shirt off his back for a grilled cheese sandwich.

Josh Ritter tonight at the Ladies Literary Club! Yay! I'm a little nervous as the first time I saw him he was divinely perfect as was the venue. But then I remember it's Josh Ritter and he's an infectious performer. We'll have a swell time. So far it's me and a bunch of men which seems weird unless you're acquainted with the makeup of the Josh Ritter fanbase: bearded young men. Originally I was thinking Founders for pre-concert festivities and libations, but now there's talk of someplace closer.

Have I recently mentioned how much I really want to fill up the growlers at Founders? Because I really want a growler full of Red Rye. And IPA.

I don't think that's too much to ask.

1 comment:

kevdek said...

I went to the chicago premier of 'maxed out'- primarily due to an unfulfilled promise of Barbara Ehrenreich on the post-film discussion panel. I thought the movie was great. If a film about the American personal debt crisis can get me a little choked-up, it must be good.