Roxy Rolles is pretty good. Hoppy and maybe a little...syrup-y, but I liked it. Quite honestly, I'm just excited to get some Magic Hat other than #9 and Circus Boy. Here's what they have to say about it:
A wintry amber ode to the open road. Our wintry amber ramble of sweet carmelized malt and spicy hops is for those who make their own roads. Dry hopped with simcoe hops.
And as a bonus someone won a t-shirt last night. It's still up for discussion who gets it as Kari technically bought the beer (though I did pay her back tonight), I technically opened the beer and noticed the bottle cap, and Peter technically called the 802 number. I think Peter will end up with it (which is more than a shame, it's practically criminal given he's not even that big of a fan of my beloved Hat) as he went so far as to hide the cap which is needed to collected the prize. He doesn't play fair.
I'm off tomorrow as Saturday begins the oh-so-fun 7 days of work in a row game. It's fine. I find myself for the most part enjoying going to work these days. I suspect it has something to do with the amount of work and the type of work I'm doing. I have stocked up on a variety of girly movies and have a few knitting projects going that could use some attention. I also have a quilt, a skirt, and a new batch of poetry to deal with.
And I'm a mere 100 pages from the end of Anna.
Tomorrow it is finished.
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have fond memories of the no. 9 and the circus boy. I bought of six pack of roxy rolles last time I was in michigan and I must say I was fairly disappointed. Some recent beer highlights for me have been:
Carolus Easter Ale (1st time in U.S.)
Goose Island Bourbon County Stout
St. Bernardus Prior 8
Real Berliner Weiss
Post a Comment