Monday, February 11, 2008

27 delegates, yo! we're coming after you, hillary!

How is it possible I end up with someone who instead of wanting to eat caramelized shallots with sauteed spinach, toasted walnuts, golden raisins, cream, and pecorino romano drives to pick up a cheeseburger in the middle of a snowstorm?


And he wanted soup yesterday for lunch and I just happened to be making homemade soup with fresh kale, cannellini beans and tomatoes but he really was looking for something out of a can.

It's like some sort of bizarre joke.

Now, in his defense, he had just spent 2 straight days watching season 7 of the Gilmore Girls and mayhaps a manly meal of ground meat was in order.

It was quite a weekend:

Lorelai: "Because my brain is a wild jungle full of scary gibberish. "I'm writing a letter. I can't write a letter. Why can't I write a letter? I'm wearing a green dress. I wish I was wearing my blue dress. My blue dress is at the cleaners'. 'The Germans wore gray, you wore blue.' Casablanca. Casablanca's such a good movie. Casablanca. The White House. Bush. Why don't I drive a hybrid car? I should really drive a hybrid car. I should really take my bicycle to work. Bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattlesnake monkey monkey underpants."

I had been waiting for this last season of the Gilmore Girls forEVER. I have been a fickle lover of the witty banter and pop culture references for a year or so (all on DVD of course thanks to my cable-free life). Sometimes I really wanted to kill Lorelei and I always had a hard time with Rory's dead eyes, but I kept it up through the wretched Jessie seasons and the lackluster Christopher love affair. I joked about poor little Rory and how ever would she decide to go to Harvard or Yale. I made fun of Lorelei's selfishness, lack of creativity, and inability to learn from any of her mistakes. I mocked, sure, but I faithfully watched. Season 7 started out the worst season and yet by the end I fully admit to tears. They mentioned the Magic Stick and Barak Obama plays heavily into the finale. Go ahead. Make fun of me. But Peter not only willingly watched the entire season with me, he wouldn't let me watch episodes without him. Crucify him as well.

Speaking of that boy done got himself published in 2 places at the same time! Here and here.

It's totally gonna be his year.

No comments: