Yesterday I was so productive I can't even believe it.
It took about 3 hours, but I cleaned the apartment. About half way through I started looking longingly at my knitting. I was strong. I stayed focused. I feel about a million times better going into a long week like this knowing everything is put away and cleaned. I rewarded myself with an afternoon of Colin Firth in Pride and Prejudice (I love that movie, I love that book, I love that time period, I love Colin Firth) and knitting. I also roasted up beets and kale to make a couscous salad for lunch today. I had grand plans of hitting up the Acres of Thrift when Peter got home, but the lure of the 5 o'clock martini proved too much.
As did the lure of not having to cook dinner if I had a fridge full of food.
Takeout won.
The weather appears as if it's going to cooperate for a night out. It is much needed. As is some social interaction with actual people as opposed to Ms. Furpants who last night managed to once again jump up on the top shelf above where we store our dishes. One of these days she's gonna get her little kitty head chopped off by the fan. Nothing has actually been decided, of course, as that would require a plan which we probably would decide once time to execute we weren't in the mood to do so we're just gonna see.
Last night if you missed Shields and Brooks on News Hour you missed a hoot of a "debate." The first question asked was what it means if Obama is officially the front runner to which Shields responded "The beer is always colder, the girls are always prettier, and the money is always there when you're ahead." He then dissolved into a what-is-Hillary-experiencing which included people coming up with excuses like having to go to the taxidermist in order to get out being seen with her. Once again David Brooks proved to be my most favorite Republican ever by stating the obvious which is if Hillary goes after the Michigan and Florida delegates it will be a slap in the face to the voters. Plus he agreed with my opinion of the superdelegate situation: Wheeling and dealing behind the scenes in order to secure the nomination would be a disservice as well. I know, I know. The whole point of superdelegates was to give the career politicians more power and thereby "strengthen" the party ticket. You know what? It's not 1980 anymore. Back room politics weaken the democratic system. If you're interested in a basic overview of superdelegates wikipedia rules as usual.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment