Tuesday, February 5, 2008

erin makes an attempt at optimism

Good things that have happened today:

Fatty came to the library to say hi after getting back from India a week ago! He looks too skinny as he lost about 18 pounds last month mostly due to illness (that bastard!), but serene and happy and full of stories. He also brought me a sweet journal with paper made from Water Hyacinth. He rightly chastised me for not having been to the "new" Founders. I hung my head in shame.

Molly called this morning! And emailed me from her new job. Yay! She sounds tired and stressed but genuinely happy. I cannot wait for Sunday when she and I go shopping and out for Japanese food.

Huh. Well, that just about sums it up. I won't bore you with the details as to why this is a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. It might look start looking up but I'm not going to hold my breath. I absolutely must go grocery shopping after work which I really hate doing after a day like today. As of right now I highly doubt my tradition of watching returns at the Sandbar is going to be able to continue for a myriad of reasons. And I'm already dreading tomorrow as it begins at 9am with a doctor's appointment and doesn't end until 9pm after work.

And yet every time I start feeling sorry for myself I remember I'm fortunate enough to have a job with health insurance that pays me enough to go grocery shopping.

I have nothing to complain about

No comments: