Wednesday post-work we got the chance to sneak in a visit with those crazy kids from Chicago during which I got a sympathetic ear from Christina regarding my work woes and a bonding over disliking Hillary for no good reason. We had a grammar-off and talked about food and cable and the Wilco show and how much Kevin adores the movie Once. Good times. There is actual talk of finally visiting that great city on the lake.
My hair smells of curry thanks to lunch at Taj. I might be developing an addiction to their naan.
Though I said I had no plans I definitely have ideas of plans for the first weekend without a snowstorm in over a month:
- Founders. I'm ashamed I have yet to see the new place. And we have growlers that need filling.
- There Will Be Blood. Oscar weekend used to be a big deal in my life. There were fancypants foods and themed costumes. These days I'm lucky to make it to the end (though Jon Stewart as host gives me hope), but this year I'm curious to see if the Coen brothers can pull this off and as There Will Be Blood is the main competition it's only fair I see it.
- Schuler Books just because.
- Frontier House. We just finished watching Colonial House and both have fond memories of this one. Geeky? Yes, but still fun reality tv.
- Running. The weather is perfect and the sidewalks aren't icy.
- Small time grocery shopping at Nature's Market. In theory their new cafe should be opening and they have expanded. Plus we're out of the best tasting eggs I have ever had and they're the only place in town that sells them.
No comments:
Post a Comment