In case you haven't heard the first issue of Barn Owl Review is out and ready for purchase. I actually don't know a single person published in this glorious little baby, but I have been waiting anxiously after having seen the contributors' list online months ago. I am only on page 24, but this is straight up Erin's kind of poetry: Well-crafted, thoughtful, and work that makes me take a sharp breath. It's amazing and if you happen to have $12 to spare I strongly recommend buying it.
I'm scheduled to run a documentary film program this fall at the library. This has been delayed and delayed so many times I'm just happy it is officially on the calander and in my hands. If it fails this time it ain't no one's fault but my own. Soooooo, aside from The Devil and Daniel Johnston anyone got any suggestions? Keep in mind my location. This is Fair and Balanced country, people, so I do have to be mindful of that when making my selections. I'm not not (check out that horrific not not usage!) willing to push the envelope here, but no Jesus Camp and no Michael Moore.
I think I'm going to roast brussels sprouts tonight. And maybe make some mashed potatoes. And fake-a-licious quorn cutlets with bbq sauce. Or I'll roast beets. And make whole wheat couscous. And quick saute some spinach. And toss it all together with some goat cheese, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
But it will all start with a martini, of course.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like fun.
Just off the top of my head:
Shermans March
Grizzly Man
Bob Dylan - No Direction Home
Capturing the Friedmans
On a related note: our CSA this year is the farm featured in the documentary 'the real dirt on farmer john'.
Hope to see you next week!
mmm food
Post a Comment