Tax forms are on the first and second top shelves in Reference. Yes, we have Michigan tax forms. The children's deparment is up the stairs. Restrooms are directly behind you to the right or left depending upon your genitalia. You need a Michigan driver's license or picture ID with your current local address to get a card and they can assist you with that over at Circulation. I'd be happy to renew that for you. I'd be happy to transfer you to the Reference desk. I'd be happy to transfer you to A/V (We so need another name for the Audio/Visual Department. How 1970s can we possible get? None of our patrons have a clue what we're talking about when we say A/V and most of them just want "the place where the movies are."). I'm certain you believe you returned those items on time but it appears as if this particular fine is from last summer. May I help you? May I help you? May I help you? May I help you?
Little taste of my day. Only these questions and situations have been repeated about 50 times.
Kevdek got cable. I'm in shock. Next thing you know he'll be buying a cheap flat screen tv made in China from Walmart and eating at McDonalds. We'll know we need to intervene if he starts shopping at Old Navy.
I'm feeling Pho-ish tonight so Thai it is. I've only been to Rice and Spice once, but their catch phrase is "Thai us and you won't wanna Thai another!" which is, well, perfect.
Speaking of food my most favorite restaurant in the area, Journeyman, has a new adjoining space called Rye: A Public House. Every Friday night they have live music this month ending with Delilah Dewilde. Sweeeeet. This is one of those things I need to not just talk about going to but actually make the effort to go. Their menu looks awesome (I can personally attest to the deliciousness of their pizza. What they make is not crust. It is otherworldly.) and fairly affordable. Plus now that I am off the No Meat Wagon I might not be able to stop myself from ordering the mussels. I love mussels.
Post-Pho? I don't know.
Beers in the barn?
Saugatuck?
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We need to go back to journeyman. Like yourself, I've only had the pizza, which was delicious. Pho, beer in the barn, saugatuck - it all sounds lovely.
at my place of employment:
"Sure, Manchego is right over here"
"are you looking for something on the mild side, or a bit more potent?"
"no, I can't seem to keep peppadews in stock, I order them every week, but they always seem to be on backorder. I know, I love them too."
"Pont l' eveque is a classic AOC protected cheese, mushroomy and full-bodied, quite possibly the quintessential cheese of normandy.
I'm currently watching 'Life after people' a show on the history channel that chronicles our manmade artifacts after the fall of man. They just said that manhattan skyscrapers will be covered in moss, falling down, and infested with feral cats, the offspring of our domestic cats. Cable kicks ass.
Post a Comment