A whole week without feeling like curling up in a little ball and sobbing, drinking myself into a stupor, or sleeping my life away. Now that's what I call crazy. I've been eating well, sleeping well, drinking lots of water well, and running well. I've lost about 6 lbs in 2 weeks which is wildly unnoticeable to anyone but me. What has changed? Nothing. Not one single thing.
I may have made it out of winter 2011 alive. Fingers crossed.
Tomorrow my bff picks me up at 7:30am and after a quick stop at lemonjellos for train supplies we board the old Pere Marquette bound for Chicago. There was a brief moment of sadness this afternoon when I thought she wasn't going to be able to make it, but it looks like everyone is now a go. We're hoping for a delay-free trip as we have reservations at Frontera Grill at noon. I love Rick Bayless. I don't care if some think he's overrated. He has duck in Oaxacan mole on his lunch menu right now. Sold. After that we're probably heading to Marshall Fields (I know, I know, but it will always be Marshall Fields to me). I plan on doing some serious damage at the Bobbie Brown counter. If time allows I'd like to head waaaay up Michigan Ave to H&M because I've never been to H&M before and I just want to see it all for myself. The rest of the evening may include Revolution Brewery. It will definitely include Girl Talk at the Congress.
EVERYBODY DANCE!
The rest of the weekend is blissfully unplanned. I'd kind of maybe like to go to Quimby's. I'd kind of maybe like to go to Vogue Fabrics. I'd kind of maybe like to eat La Gondola gnocchi and maybe some Korean food. I'd kind of maybe like to have brunch somewhere Sunday. I'd kind of maybe like to hit Reckless Records.
I'd kind of maybe like to chillax with some of my most favorite peeps in the universe and see what happens.
Stay tuned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
buy me presents?
will you be good while i'm gone?
I AM ALWAYS GOOD
then you shall receive one (1) Chicago present from erin.
This blog post makes me mucho happy! The "Winter-of-2011-I-Kicked-Your-Ass" Vacation will be epic :-) And, tell Peter that I'll be his one phone call while you're out of town. It's all good. I don't judge.
Post a Comment