Monday, February 28, 2011

the bell jar feels like it might be lifting

I did a bunch of stuff this weekend:  supper with Peter’s parents, drinks at Butch’s, an eye appointment which resulted in new contacts and glasses, started watching Wonderfalls and was reminded how much I love Wonderfalls, made a pot roast, beet salad, and walnut salad with extra sharp cheddar and homemade honey mustard dressing, saw Raleigh and was reminded how much I love Raleigh, went for an hour long run on empty streets and was  reminded how much I love running, made beef stock and was reminded homemade beef stock is amazing, lost about 3 pounds and was reminded how eating real foods prepared by me really does equal weight loss, and managed to get a full 7 hours of sleep last night which reminded me how much I love feeling rested.

Life isn’t all fragrant beef stock and burning calf muscles.  I got to work this morning to find an email informing staff we may be required to work two Saturdays a month in the next budget year which is something I championed 3 years ago when our circ numbers justified such a move, but now seems wildly unnecessary.  It’s also potentially a deal breaker for me staying.  We’ll see how that all shakes out. 

But for the most part, life ain't so bad.  I've got Chicago this weekend which will be fab plus I took Monday off to recover from my fab time in Chicago.  I filled up my ipod with my kind of  running music so that includes Hem and Josh Ritter alongside lots of Jack White, Beck and Cee-Lo.  I have tasty beef soup for supper tonight.  I procured Damages season 1 on DVD.

March?  Be cool.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Life isn’t all fragrant beef stock and burning calf muscles. I'm glad you took off a day to recover from your time off, it's the smartest thing anyone with good intentions ever did, right?

erin said...

word.