Sunday I went to Zeeland for brunch. FOR EIGHT HOURS. It was an EIGHT HOUR BRUNCH. It ruled. It ruled because Dann made the single best non-restaurant thing I think I have ever eaten. It was a Paula Deen inspired fried chicken benedict:
a puddle of cheesy grits topped with homemade fried chicken topped with a homemade biscuit topped with a nearly perfectly poached egg (I say "nearly" because I actually poached the eggs and thought I maybe had gone a little too far with the cooking time) smothered in a jalapeno cheese sauce with a side of butternut squash, red pepper and bacon hash.
Served with some Joan Bloody Marys.
It also ruled because sitting around a table talking to people is pretty much my most favorite thing to do. Toss in a very adorable chihuahua, a stack of old records and a perfectly decorated house and you've got yourself an 8 hour brunch.
In Zeeland.
Other recent noteworthy events in my life include:
starting out waaay too fast yesterday on my run thanks to Beck and not having to wear yax trax for the first time in months
the first official craft night at lemonjellos with the bff
being thiiiis close to the end of The Hobbit and not wanting to be thiiis close to the end of The Hobbit
instigating a fight with Peter without realizing I was instigating a fight with Peter
coming soon:
The Elephant 6 show in Kalamazoo.
Spring.
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment