What a weekend.
Things I learned:
People actually take what I say seriously. For example, if one is sitting at a bar having consumed a martini and an acquaintance sits down at the table and proceeds to talk about their plans for leaving their partner I am not the kind of person who should say anything because inevitably the types of questions I may ask or the issues I may bring up might be perceived as giving unsolicited advice when in reality I'm just trying to understand the depth of the situation. I have a "tone." It's a judgemental bossy confident tone. I'm not judgemental. I am not bossy. And despite my tone, I am rarely that confident.
Talking nice talk will eventually get a more positive response than dropping f-bombs.
Not all science fiction/nerd boy/wizard things are bad. Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country is not bad. The movie Paul was entertaining. Listening to Peter describe his wizard book was actually enjoyable. And it made me realize that all those years I ignored those nice, sweaty, nerd boys because they were reading wizard books they were actually reading sex books. That's right. Those big fat books with dragons on the covers? Sex books.
The New Richmond bridge area will be a lovely place to picnic this summer.
Casco Twp is not full of methfaces. It's actually full of farms and cool houses that used to be churches and wineries.
The Sandbar Saloon used to be a hotel. I had no idea. The upstairs of the Sandbar Saloon is currently undergoing some restoration-down to the original wood kind of restoration. I had never even been up there before but it is absolutely lovely. If I didn't have to live above the Sandbar Saloon I would kill to live there.
It's time for some good fiction. Tinkers?
I'm looking at you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment