- I read a really interesting article yesterday about people who are choosing not to have children. And that is all I'm going to say about that.
- I'm sick. I'm sick right after I committed myself to taking ALL of my stupid vitamins ALL of the time. I'm also taking Claratin which I find completely useless but keep taking because technically it's allergy season and my doctor told me to start taking it at the start of allergy season. All I want to do is lie down and sleep.
- The rack of lamb at City Vu is delicious.
- March is easier for me, but not easy for a lot of other people.
- I went to Kandu this morning (which is a really cool nonprofit in Holland committed to helping "unemployable" adults find work) where I talked about my job and what I liked about my job and what I didn't like about my job and it was really awesome. I'm so glad I did it.
- Last night we watched a documentary about a high school election at Stuyvesant High in NYC which was good but more interestingly led to a conversation regarding what being motivated means and understanding success and what it means to define one's self when one has decided not to get married and have children and be on a traditional career path and the whole conversation sort of relates back to that article I linked to above that I'm not going to say anything else about.
- I made an Ina Garten potato corn chowder recipe and did not cut caloric corners. Though delicious I'm pretty sure I could have skipped the cheese, skipped the butter and olive oil and used soy milk instead of half and half and it would have been just as good. It was all about the taste of the last of the market corn from last summer. Which was heavenly and sweet and got me really excited about the start of market season.
- I just won a gift certificate to DeBoer thanks to the adult winter reading club trivia contest at the library. So if you live in Holland and you like cool stuff for free you should enter those sorts of contests. We hold them at least twice a year. And the shit you get is actually pretty decent.
- And speaking of the library: our policy regarding lost or stolen library cards is only "draconian" if you completely misunderstand how public libraries work. We are responsible to all of our patrons for all of our items. I'm sure you think the world is full of very nice people who would never lie, cheat or steal, but the reality is a lot of people do lie, cheat and steal and they come into the library and want us to waive replacement costs for items they legitamately never returned and have amazingly ridiculous stories to back up why THEY should be the exception. No one gets to be the exception. It's the only way we can be fair to the majority of people.
- Wonderfalls is just as good as I remember it to be.
Thursday, March 24, 2011
because none of it really relates to anything and i'm too fuzzy-headed to make it work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment