Tuesday, March 8, 2011

there are holes in our pockets and instead of not using our pockets we should just fix our pockets because not only do we know how to fix our pockets we actually enjoy fixing our pockets

Frontera Grill's tortilla soup, homemade crema, and tequila bloody mary
finding the perfect foundation match at the Lancome counter
Peter securing 3-day passes to Pitchfork
seeing Kevin and Xtina at Revolution
getting frisked like I ain't never been frisked before at the Congress
Girl Talk danceparty
Rebecca-made breakfast complete with perfect potatoes and cinnamon rolls
Finding Meatpaper at Quimbys
The Needle Shop
navigating the city via public transportation
La Gondola stuffed gnocchi
Watching A League of Their Own with Sandy because Sandy loves that movie and despite my occasional ranty outbursts I love that movie too
Sunday brunch with Michael and Rasa
the lobster and shrimp benedict at M Henry
The awesome dress and skirt I found at the Brown Elephant in Andersonville for practically nothing
Browsing and buying at the Women and Children First bookstore
All the time I got to spend uninterrupted with my bff

The re-entry wasn't pretty.  Spending 3 days surrounded by people I don't get to see on a regular basis, but wish I could see on a regular basis doing and eating what I wanted when I wanted ruled.  Coming back to the reality of a dirty house and an empty fridge and a depleted bank account and a job I don't love and a few pounds heavier sucked. 

BUT The Elephant 6 show is next Wednesday in Kalamazoo.  I'm planning another trip to Chicago as soon as I can get a reservation at The Girl and The Goat and afford a meal at The Girl and The Goat.  I get to see Animal Collective, Fleet Foxes, The Dismemberment Plan, Ariel Pink and god knows who else at Pitchfork this summer.  I have a bi-monthly date with the bff where various sewing, knitting, crafty things will happen.  I have running plans.  Rasa and the cutest dog in the universe, Mouse, are moving to Chicago.  I have some plans involving getting rid of my student loan debt once and for all thanks to the guidance and excel wizardry of Julie. 

And most importantly:

Spring will happen followed by summer which means market days and good eating. 

I will not lose the emotional ground I have gained the past 2 weeks. 

No matter what.

2 comments:

p said...

THE HOUSE WASN'T THAT DIRTY

erin said...

It was dirty enough. I'm sorry I am a bitch. I will try and warn you about that more. Thank you for the Bonnie "Prince" Billy shout-out on WTHS. The sadness show. On my college's radio station. Sadness indeed.