Tuesday, August 19, 2008

what part of the word "market" do you not understand?

LookatwhatIgot! My friend Alonso just got back from Mexico and done brought me the coolest gift ever. It's actually a horrific picture but it's a teeny tiny scorpion on a leather key chain, tassels included, with my name burned into the back. He was also nice enough to pick up a ginormous belt buckle with a ginormous scorpion in it. I need to get me a belt worthy of such a jewel. It's a toss-up amongst those who have seen them in person between those who are repulsed and horrified and those that are fascinated. And though I don't buy any of that mumbo jumbo astrology stuff I think it's extra cool that it's my astrological sign. Alonso and I have been friends since he was about 3 and I was about 26. It's one of my longest relationships outside of Grace. I always assumed he'd move onto someone, I don't know, younger and yet our mutual adoration just grows stronger. He's a cool kid who is too smart for his own good.

That little gift started my day off right. And my day ended perfectly at the beach with my BFF. As we ate our sammidges on the deserted beach after a swim she just turned to me and said "This. Is. Bitchin." I couldn't agree more.

I have officially resigned as Canvassing Coordinator and though I'm technically still open to running canvasses my enthusiasm has begun to wane. I'm not sure if it's all the VP speculation (I'm betting on Biden, but I hope he throws everyone off and asks Hillary. Not that I want Hillary to be the Veep but rather it would make for a more interesting race. Things are getting dull around the old campaign these days. Hillary and Bill would shake it up right. Plus it would continue the Democrats age old trend of blowing the election. Because I'm starting to wonder if we're not going to blow this thing. Again.) I resigned this morning and have heard nothing from the rube. He's having a tough week as his Team Leader resigned yesterday.

None of which is my problem.
This whole being in control of one's life thing is pretty nifty.




1 comment:

rebecca said...

that scorpion freaked me out. i really can't stay out too late because i'm eating lunch with grandma on thursday, but perhaps we could have a beer tonight. i'll start texting you from the train, i'm sure.

erin! omg! wat r u up to 2nite?! wanna chill!!!! lol! ttyl!!!

something like that.