Monday, August 4, 2008

i give great service

So, Saugatuck was on the front page of the NYT Travel section yesterday. It included a full color picture of the drugstore soda shop and a huge picture of someone on the chain ferry. Sadly it did not include a shout-out to the Sandbar Saloon or the Dock. The whole article may have made me have a nearly perfect day as I realized just how lucky I am to live in such a beautiful area. I hiked out to the beach and spent some time swimming. Did you know that the view from the water of the Dunes might be the most gorgeous sight in the world? After hiking out we headed to the Red Dock where listened to Bernie Jellema play solo, ran into a whole mess of people we knew, and marveled at the eclectic crowd. That the Dock exists blows my mind. We headed to the Saloon for some supper (vegetarian gyro for me) and I had the good fortune of running into my friend Dan-of-the-Duck-Night. Peter hit up the Boathouse where he had the good fortune of having physical contact with a very attractive young lady. We, of course stayed out too late which means I'm kind of sort of struggling through my day, but whatev. No regrets. Tonight after supper with the Berghoef clan I'm hoping we can make it back out to the beach for another swim regardless of how tired I may be. Living that close to the lake and not swimming every single chance possible is practically criminal.

Peter got outed as a heterosexual male in a sea of gay men by a cabaret singer Saturday night at The Dunes Resort.

That was a good time.

This week is going to be crazy. Tomorrow night is canvassing night. Wednesday night my friend Michael is in town from Chicago. Thursday night I work. Peter has to work both weekend nights so I'm flying solo.

Whatever shall I do with myself?

2 comments:

p said...

physical contact. you make it sound so filthy.

erin said...

yeah, but saying you got a hug sounds gay.