It's Saturday. It's bloody hot. I guess I didn't pay attention to the weather report because this took me by surprise. The good news is the humidity is supposed to break tonight. The bad news is the humidity is supposed to break tonight. As of right now I'm thinking Operation Bonfire Saturday Night is going to be cancelled as who wants to sit next to a fire when the low for the night is hovering around 75 degrees?
Not me.
I want to drink big glasses of fruity girly juicy vodka-y drinks and sweat.
Do you know how angry I was I wasn't awake at 3:30am to get my text message from Barack Obama?!?! ANGRY! Had he texted me the night before I would have been awake (it's all Becky's fault. And whiskey. It's whiskey and Becky's fault.) and thrilled to pieces Biden was the man. As it worked out I found the whole experience underwhelming and lame. What's the point of text messaging your supporters first if the majority of people aren't even awake yet and those that are are most likely wasted? Lame.Lame.Lame.Lame.Lame. Plus Peter and I had worked ourselves up into a frenzy over the possible Hillary announcement. Funny, right? I, Erin Davison, who railed against Hillary the entire primary season wanted to see her in the VP spot. It's that I could hear his introduction ("Today we are here to unite the Democratic Party and together we will unite this country...") and I could see that nominating her just might work. Biden brings the foreign policy experience Obama lacks which is a smart move. It's just a little...dull is all. Not John Kerry dull! Just not Hillary Clinton hot.
Farmers Market haul: lettuce, eggplant, green beans, peppers, cukes, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, and Red Haven peaches. I came this close to getting some melon but $2.75 seemed really steep to me. Someone was actually selling honeydew that looked amazing, but I was limited to $20 and the aforementioned items were necessities. Maybe next week.
Tomorrow's gonna be a beach day. Just watch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i know how you could get a free blender.
Post a Comment