Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"sisterhood of the traveling pantsuits?" and THAT killed?!?

The funk is lifting.

I bought a third edition hardcover of Catcher in the Rye as my copy is in Connecticut with my sister and I miss having the option of feeling like a high school girl by reading it and loving it.

We watched PBS coverage of the convention last night. It was chock full of Democrat porn from the woman who worked in the textile mills for 30 years and now has no health insurance and is living off a very small pension to the woman who worked for GoodYear who discovered she was getting paid less than her male counterparts. If there was a liberal issue there was a face and story to go along with it. One big commercial for the Democratic Party. I got pretty sick of it. I did thoroughly enjoy Mark Warner's speech which I guess puts me in the minority. I guess the liberals don't like a multi-billionaire businessman telling them it doesn't matter which party has the good idea as long as it's a good idea because, you know, all Republicans are morons and all Democrats have the best ideas. I liked him. I thought he was thoughtful and funny.

Hillary? Is a fembot. The opening video sequence was cool enough for me to wonder if maybe I'd made a mistake, but then she came out in a wrong color orange pantsuit and opened her mouth. Now, I know that speech wasn't for me. It was for her supporters who we need on our side. But it felt as if she had written a MadLibs and let the Obama team just write in Barack Obama! where ever they wanted. Once again, I seem to be in the minority here . Whatev. I guess I just don't have Oprah-arms and I'm smarter than everyone else.

Unjustified and overblown cockiness is a sign I'm feeling better.

Tonight Peter is working and then going to the Boathouse to see some famed surf guitarist for $8.00 and I'm going to do one or two or all of the following things:

bike to Laketown
swim
read the last Twilight book
work on the quilt
watch Bill Clinton either knock it out of the park or completely screw Obama
watch Biden as he takes the gloves off
cook some delicious food

No comments: