I'm not quitting the campaign, but I'm definitely scaling back. Significantly. The details as to why are not that interesting, but I'm certain it's the right thing for me right now. That's the most important thing.
Good weekend of good food and good company. I ate at Rye (Bloody Mary made with fresh organic tomato juice and freshly grated horseradish, a french omelet topped with brandywine tomatoes, sauteed turnip greens, caramelized vidalia onions, and smoked lamb (this.was.heavenly.), 2 thick pieces of sourdough toast brushed with olive oil, s&p, spread with homemade blackberry jam, a vat of roasted potatoes, and a bowl of blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries), I grilled brats and veggies (and yes I ate a brat--topped with grilled onions and roasted red pepper slathered in spicy mustard--might be the second most heavenly thing I ate all weekend), and made a yummy salad with homemade herb dressing. As far as company goes I got to spend a lot of time with Peter and a lot of time with Travis both of which were long overdue.
Yesterday I went swimming in some rough waters which was so fun I felt like a little kid again jumping in waves and getting knocked around. I thought that combined with my five mile run yesterday, would be enough to knock me out, but alas I suffered from my weekly Sunday night bout of insomnia. I'm going to attempt to wear myself out again tonight as I have plans to bike to the Dunes, hike, and swim again. We'll just have to see how that all goes.
My week is shaping up to be, well, busy as usual. Hopefully it will be busy in a good way not busy in a bad way like last week which is totally do-able as I get to chose how I'm going to spend my time.
Rebecca: any idea what your schedule be this week?
Monday, August 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
VIDALIA
Post a Comment