A new addition to the wildlife 'round the barn:
flying squirrel
There have been 2 encounters so far both nearly involving Peter's large head. I thought it was a bat which for some reason made me feel better. Something to do with bats and sonar and the chances of them hitting you being slim was comforting to me. Alas, I think we're looking at either a knocked up flying squirrel or a single mom flying squirrel who lives in the dead tree right outside our door. Our only defensive option seems to be football helmets and spelunking lights which would probably push us out of the harmless-but-eccentric section of society straight into certifiably whacked out. We're just going to duck for now.
For those of you in the Greater Holland Area who've been asking me when the big Farmers' Market starts (May 14! May 14! May 14!) I just found out Washington Square is hosting a Farmers' Market May 3rd and 10th. I suspect it will be small but I think at least Visser Farms will be there. I'm not sure what time it starts, but I'd get there fairly early--9am or so if you want your pick of produce.
Tonight: wine, big salads and ravioli, submission madness, and maybe some classic Scooby-Doo because nothing says Saturday night like some Shaggy.
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Our latest culinary obsession is goats milk ice cream. If you can find it, spring for the $7 per pint cup of heavenly creamy godliness. Our CSA should start disbursing shares late next month.
Post a Comment