Thursday, April 17, 2008

i was just informed peter lost an epic battle with the sink sprayer. i hope he puts the picture up on flickr.

Yesterday was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. For no reason in particular. Sometimes the universe unfolds that way, I guess. It was a shame as the day started off with an excellent breakfast of asparagus omelets and some yukon gold 'taters. Oh well.

Today has been significantly better. Breakfast at the Windmill with Molly followed by some warm weather driving around rocking out to the new Raconteurs and a fourth cup of coffee at home in the sunshine before work (That wasn't a complete sentence and I don't care). I also spent about half of my supper break in the park editing a stack of poems that have been a burden since they were written about a year ago. Spring has sprung which means I'm no longer fighting for my sanity and my mind turns to writing. We'll see what happens.

This weekend is shaping up to be quite something. Saturday after a birthday party we're heading to GR with Joel and Joan for supper at La Cantina followed by the Califone/Iron and Wine concert at Calvin. Last time we hung out with those crazy kids Joel and Peter came up with the brilliant idea of opening a bar in South Shore Village. For those of you unfamiliar with Holland or even if you've lived there all your life you're probably unaware that the delightful area surrounding our apartment consisting of a boat dealership, the Heinz pickle factory, Margaritas, a coffee shop, Family Video, a barbershop, Jackie's Place and the infamous Kings Cove is now referred to as South Shore Village which we, of course, find hiLARious. Anyway, the idea is great. I would love to have ANY bar in Holland I actually enjoy going to let alone one within walking distance of the barn. Unfortunately the business end of the opening a bar aspect will probably prevent their dream from becoming a reality. Then again, put those two together and sometimes you come up with a kick ass song so who knows.

Sunday late afternoon/early evening everyone should come to the Sandbar and play Scrabble with Becky and Peter and I. And drink beer. And watch Becky and I have a Tim Gunn-off.

Things are gonna get crazy.

1 comment:

rebecca said...

there's no limit to the amount of trouble you can get yourself into in a town where they love gays and have a sunday liquor licence. yay! i think i may go the tom van howe route and get drunk and fight my brother on the street.