This has been a glorious day.
A nice run in the sunshine, a nice walk to work in the sunshine, and right now I'm sitting at the NymphoDesk which is bathed in sunshine. I've been told I'm glowing.
I love sunshine.
I finished the Chabon. It was amazing. I was going to start on my Summer Reading List, but Berghoef has already started reading off my list and therefore I'm less interested. It defies logic as to why it makes me angry he's decided to read Cloud Atlas. Maybe it's because it's a book I've been considering since it came out and have been working up to and he reads a little Wikipedia entry about it and decides to just dive right in. See? Completely illogical on my part. I don't care. Instead I'm going to read Drown. And Roads: Driving America's Great Highways. And the translation of Metamorphoses I've been waiting for came in for me. I also just flooded my GoodReads account with new books to read. Coming off something as good as I did is always tough. I feel full and lost and empty all at the same time. I'm hoping to sort of read some transitional things before the next big thing comes along.
Wow. I'm tired. Tomorrow I have a longer (for me) run planned. And it's not supposed to rain until the afternoon so I'm thinking of walking to work again. All of which makes me even more tired just thinking about it. Thankfully tomorrow is Thursday. And then it's going to be Friday.
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
well, i don't know what to say. i wanted to be all like "in the words of the ventures: walk, don't run" but being a ventures song it is of course instrumental. anyway, you should track down that song. and pay deference to its title. walk, don't run. walking if for enjoyment. running is for catching trolleys.
i actually enjoy gasping for breath as i attempt to "run" up a hill. knowing that my two legs can run farther than most people would consider walking makes me hot. i really like the feeling i get from pushing myself. you know, like i'm going to pass out?
yeah. i could be mentally ill.
Post a Comment