Which is applicable for everything from herpes to dysfunctional relationships to oversalting food to trying to keep the spiders at bay.
Thanks, Raleigh for that little gem.
Oooooh it was a good weekend. Su Casa was good, but their mole sauce is far inferior to Tres Lobos. As are their frozen margaritas. I did end up in bed and asleep by about 11:15pm. Saturday I cleaned the house before Michael came over for our afternoon of decadence at Journeyman. I ate pate. And prosciutto. And this amazing blue cheese. And these delicious little buckwheat perogies in a mushroom broth. We hit up Saugatuck for some Swell Times (I bought a Jesus keychain to light my way. And a sweet pink Beatles pint glass) and some tea at Uncommon. When I got home I got talked into watching a 20 minute documentary on The Traveling Wilburys which turned out to be really good. And then Raleigh showed up with a fifth of Wild Turkey and a new cd. We went to the Sandbar, but ended up at home where he took pictures of our apartment. And us. Sitting outside. Looking rather stoic. Or rather Raleigh and I look stoic. Sunday we continued with our tradition of going to Tres Lobos (I needed to remember how much I loved mole sauce. And frozen margaritas) before he went home. We also went to Best Buy for the new Raconteurs album which sounded really really really good. Then we spent our evening finishing off season 2 of Lost. Which was mildly disappointing.
Today is my first afternoon of freedom in months. I need to do my taxes. And go grocery shopping. But I'd really like to spend some time outside reading or raking the yard or getting my bike in ready-to-ride shape or hiking in the Dunes or writing or driving around listening to the Raconteurs or running or cleaning out my little herb garden or just lying around in the hammock off the croquet lawn.
This is going to be a good week.
Monday, April 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
so where were the spiders
the other morning, pre-coffee, one was dangling from the rafters directly in front of my face.
they crawl out from under lampshades, they scurry along the no-longer-working planter
they're everywhere
Post a Comment