I think I'm going to start wearing a tiara all the time.
Monday afternoon was decadent. I read a book and listened to the new Raconteurs cd combined with the pecking of the typewriter. I also made a concoction involving pasta, ricotta, mozzarella, pecorino, and jarred sauce. Jarred sauce? Sucks. I had to add a whole mess of stuff to make it edible. I'm seriously not buying anymore of it. Give me canned tomatoes any day.
It's pledge week on Michigan radio which means I start off not minding the constant interruptions and the lack of weather coverage and then I move on to feeling guilty for not pledging a dollar a day (I mean, honestly, if I had to put a dollar into my radio in order to listen to NPR every day I would totally do it, but no, I am not going to call and pledge $365) and now I'm to the point I start saying mean things in response to the anchors. I have two more days and yet I suspect I won't get out of it without saying something foul about Christina Schockley. I won't mean it. I just feel guilty. I love it when they start comparing it to cable thereby allowing me to smugly say "I don't haaaave cable, so there!" only to realize that because I don't have cable I'm probably listening to public radio more and also because I'm lacking a cable bill I should, in theory, have a little extra cash on hand to pledge to Michigan radio. They should compare it to expensive beer. Or bottles of vodka. Maybe that would get through to me.
I am going to make duck this weekend. I've been eating some amazing pears lately and I love figs so this recipe jumped out at me. Plus, ahem. Duck is delicious. I'm going to make my own fig balsamic and pearl onions shouldn't be a big deal. My big stumbling block is, well, the duck. I have a lead on some frozen breasts, but I'd much prefer fresh. I'm going to keep looking. Actually I have a larger psychological stumbling block which is my perfectly seasoned vegetarian friendly cast iron skillet being tainted with duck fat.
Mmmmmm....duck fat......
I'm sure I'll get over it.
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
believe it or not, i've heard a lot of duck talk recently from folks in the gun rue. nick, stephen, and donnie have all mentioned making some duck. they were also trying to get something fresh, and they have a lead at someplace in town on south division where all the various asian stores are. see if any of those folks can help you out. hell yes, duck.
Post a Comment