Monday, April 14, 2008

turkeys and woodchucks and more birds than you can shake a stick at

I done did my own taxes this year and I'm right proud of myself.

I also feel extremely stupid to have been paying someone to do them for me since I started having to pay taxes years ago. When you don't own anything, have no dependents, don't have any investments or savings, and are single it's a pretty easy deal. My one student loan interest deduction prevented me from using the 1040EZ, but even the 1040 was easypeasy. Peter had a momentary freak out when he thought he owed the State of Michigan $3,000. I pointed out that was impossible given how much he made last year and indeed a simple matter of a decimal point corrected the situation.

This was a slooooooow weekend. Friday night we went to Full Circle where I very impulsively bought the new Nick Cave album. We tried the brewery but it was too crowded and they are no longer are making Golden Mean (sob!) so we went to Butch's instead in our Tuckerhair covered sweatshirts. We may or may not have gotten the fisheye from the bartender. Went home and listened to the Nick Cave LOUDLY and stumbled to bed at some point. Saturday morning we hit up Margaritas for breakfast/lunch and then ran around gathering up bagels and the new Gnarls Barkley and a gift card for Panera and then home again where one of us napped and one of us watched Gilmore Girls episodes we'd already seen. I'll let you guess who did what. Saturday night we started Season 3 of Lost and watched most of SNL because the musical guest was coincidentally Gnarls Barkley. Sunday was Tax Day and talkonthephonewithfamily day and it was supposed to be grocery shopping day, but instead one of us couldn't stop watching the Gilmore Girls so instead it was $5.00 Subway dinner followed by more Lost which is probably not a good idea when you're going to be short on sleep as it was nightmare inducing.

I love Lost.

I have this afternoon off. I will be:

going to the Post Office to proudly mail my tax forms
going grocery shopping
watching Lost
watching Grace chatter and attack the picture windows whilst going mad from all the birds

That last one?
Super fun.

1 comment:

rebecca said...

i am going to be in town friday-tuesday. let's drink beer and have that tim gunn contest once and for all. sunday night? sandbar?