Monday, February 14, 2011

dear wayne,

Seriously?  $86.00 for a general admission ticket to see The Soft Bulletin tour.  EIGHTY-SIX DOLLARS EACH?!  I'm sorry.  I'm sorry.  But c'mon.  I understand you're some kind of mad musical genius.  And I thoroughly enjoyed seeing your set at Pitchfork a couple of years ago.  It was unique and a spectacle and massive and intimate.  It was so wonderful I was honestly considering driving to DETROIT to see you again.  

But $86.00?  

I would love you more if your ticket prices were closer to $50, 
Erin

The world is melting.  I stepped into a puddle that was mid-calf deep.  People walked around without coats.  Tonight there is a low of 18, but by Thursday we'll be at 50 only to be back down in the 20s by Friday night.  This weather is emotionally abusive.  Dangling these snatches of spring in front of my face.  

Thankfully, I have lemon cake to keep my disposition cheery.  I also have a copy of The Hobbit and the one David Mitchell book I've been holding onto for a rainy day.  I'm still working on the crazy green haired tree lady embroidery and just stitching with all that green makes me happy.  I have a weekend in Chicago coming up in a few weeks so that means mussels and frites and korean food and Girl Talk and good friends.  Yeasayer is playing the Majestic in June which would be a sweet place to see Yeasayer and I bet that show is a hell of a lot cheaper than $86.  

Did you see what I just did?  I just looked on the bright side of things.  The cup was half full.  Things will get better.  

Sorry, I'm not quite ready for exclamation points.  Let's just get through February, shall we?

2 comments:

Michael said...

$86 is exactly why we should be going to scissor sisters it is only $25...

erin said...

Damnit man! We SHOULD. I keep saying we should and then I don't buy tickets or take the next day off from work. WE SHOULD JUST BUY THE DAMN TICKETS!