Last Monday feels like it was eons ago. Since then we had a blizzard, I got a day off, there was much shoveling, Peter got sick, I stitched a lot, I cooked a lot, and there was much DVD watching (The Life of Mammals and Wholphin were definitely highlights with Modern Family feeling a bit like a letdown. And, of course, The Gilmore Girls. Always), and Peter got me addicted to solitaire on the computer.
The biggest bummers of last week stand at germy Peter and the current solitaire obsession.
It's not good. I have abandoned my beautiful lady-with-green-hair-tree embroidery mash-up in order to play solitaire. It reminds me so much of college. "I'll just play until I win one game and then I'll stop. Oh wait. Maybe two games. Three. Totally. I will stop at three games." Saturday night I may have played for about 5 hours straight. It is definitely affecting my sleep habits as I see games in my brain all.the.time.
Before the world of computer solitaire took over my life, I did manage to make some chicken and dumplings (awesome snowday comfort food by the way), whole wheat pasta with butternut squash, gorgonzola and sage and my most successful fried rice to date. I'm also almost finished with "As Always, Julia" and "Moon over Manifest" which recently won the Newberry award.
I've been working on not, well, doing stuff. Constantly. I'm always thinking about how I can be productive in every aspect of my life and if I'm not productive I punish myself. Counterproductive much? So far I've allowed myself to stay in bed and read.
Slothdom is right around the corner.
Monday, February 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment