Monday, February 21, 2011

one week from tomorrow and february 2011 is history

Braised lamb shanks.  Seriously.  Obscenely good.  Alice Waters' recipe. Minus the rosemary and dried chili plus smoked paprika and thyme.  We only had 2 lamb shanks, but I made the entire recipe for the sauce as I figured it's a freezable yummy hey-I'm-making-soup/stew/beans/rice toss in with a big flavor punch.  Tonight I braised some lacinto kale in the sauce and served it on top of some leftover risotto.  Tomorrow night I'm going to cook some garbanzo beans in the braising liquid and serve it on top of brown rice.  If I manage to have some left after supper tomorrow night it's going in the freezer.

It will be my supertopsecret flavor bomb.

Other highlights of this weekend include a hot date with Michael at The Piper (The crepes stuffed with duck confit and bbq sauce topped with red grapes were really good.  As was the roasted vegetable dish Michael ordered.  Roasted fennel?  I wish I could cook you in my house.  You're delicious, but Peter hates anise), procuring Project Runway season 8 (I heart Mondo), and getting a call at 9:30pm Sunday from my boss informing me we were delaying opening until noon due to weather (I decided to take advantage of this gift by staying up insanely late-see above reference to Mondo-and sleeping in).

This week:  knit, tea with the bff, knit, make skirt sloper, knit, read the Hobbit, knit, finish Project Runway, knit, go for a run, knit, ponder time travelers, knit.
 

No comments: