The hoards of old men coming in for the lecture at noon are helping as they've all commented on how helpful and charming and smiley I am. I'm faking it, but when one is in the customer service business one gets used to faking it. And, as usual, if I fake being in a good mood long enough I'm bound to actually change my mood for the better.
I stayed up too late watching the last few episodes of season 1 of LOST. And I'm sick of working full time. And I don't want to work 6 straight days in a row. And I'm not really looking forward to Easter.
Grumble grumble grumble.
Saturday early-ish in the evening we thought we'd be soooo smart and head to the Sandbar for a pint before the St. Patrick's Day crowd descended. Imagine our surprise when at 6:45pm the bar was packed. Packed like I ain't never seen it before. There were people wearing matching tshirts and green light-up jewelry. The strangest thing? Aside from the bartenders and bouncers I only recognized 2 people. Beer companies and distributors must ship in aging ex-frat boys and ex-sorority girls to maximize the douchbag factor. We ended up fighting our way to the back door and heading over to Chequers which I'm only mentioning as it's an English pub. We thought that was funny.
At the barn you can always tell when spring is on the way when the spiders show up. I've encountered 2 in the past week. The first crawled out from under a lampshade about 3 inches from my face. He was just a wittle guy--about the size of a quarter. The second startled the hell out of me this morning as I was fixing my Erin McMuffin for breakfast. He was maybe half dollar size and dangling from the ceiling eye level next to the stove. The first I successfully disposed of. The second I suspect is maimed and will be eaten by Grace at some point in the future. Before Travis moved out I specifically asked him about the spider situation upstairs as downstairs it was of horror movie proportions. He claimed he really didn't see that many.
Spiderwatch 2008 has begun.
Monday, March 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment