Because I was told to delete a post, I deleted a post. Fine. I'll leave it with this:
I am a 36 year old woman. I am sick and tired of trying to be one of the "cool" kids. I am the coolest of the kids. And I am finished not standing up for myself and what I know is right.
In other news, I am unapologetic for my political ranting yesterday. I know I am extreme. My brain does not have a shut off so I have a tendency to spend a lot of time thinking about everything from the effects of growth hormones in our milk and early onset puberty to the slow death march of the printed word to how much money we spend supporting Israel to what "buying local" really means to what it means for the planet when people choose to have children. I also care a lot about, well, just about everything. And my way of working it out and trying to untangle it all is writing about it.
Man. No wonder people think I'm a judgemental bitch.
I'm really not. I don't think my opinions are better or more right than anyone else's. And I really really love listening and talking with other people who have completely different views than mine. I learn so much and constantly find my opinions changing and expanding.
Except when it comes to the new Panda Bear album. If you don't like it, you're just wrong.
Thursday, April 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What? I loved the rant! It made me mad; it made me care (usually I just avoid). And now it's really intriguing to wonder what you deleted.
I actually thought my gayboyfriend Michael had referred to my political ranting as insane, but come to find out "bf" was not "best friend" but rather "boyfriend"
And I know his boyfriend. And his political ranting IS insane.
Regardless, it taught be a valuable lesson on abbrevations: don't use them. LOL! OMG! JK!
OMG I didn't realize that you deleted a post because of my poor use of abbreviations. rofl. ed you know that I love your political rantings. (I feel like a emoticon is now needed) :) or ;)
Post a Comment