Tuesday, April 12, 2011

i am feeling ridiculously smug

I have gotten up at 6 am to go for a run two whole days in a row.  Now, this may not be much of feat for many, but anyone who knows me knows I'm more likely to be awake at 6 am because I haven't gone to sleep yet.  But, come to find out, if you get out of bed at 6 am and run for 35-45 minutes and then bike a few miles after work getting to sleep by 9:30 or 10 pm is no trouble at all. 

Last week sucked.  Thankfully, Saturday managed to be not only salvageable, but awesome.  Breakfast at Marie Catrib's (did you know you can get line caught salmon?!) and lunch at The Green Well (the Green Well salad was a plate full of spring greenery deliciousness) followed by sitting outside in our backyard with some peeps discussing this little gem, Erin's dislike of infants, and a viewing of Chonto. 

Chonto every day. 

Sunday it was 80 effing degrees in Holland.  I say "effing" because, unlike some people, I find 80 degrees in west Michigan to be horrifying.  Don't get me wrong.  I enjoyed the sunshine.  But 80 degrees in April in west Michigan?  Ick.  It also somehow managed to be humid which made it double ick.  We spent the majority of the day inside obsessively watching season 1 of Treme.  I think I like it.  I know I love the music.  I know I love the looks of even post-Katrina NOLA.  And I think I like how character-driven it feels.  Ultimately, though, I was left feeling a bit...like...what's...going...on...here.  I'm typically someone who enjoys things that aren't so plotty.  Cookie cutter stamped characters inserted into a plot leave me feeling like I just watched a network television show.  But there are so many amazingly unique characters (and so many cameos!) that just seem to be existing without purpose.  Without direction.

I'm watching Top Chef on my lunch break.  Dang.

I want me some lobster so bad I could shiv a man.

1 comment:

hbread said...

Oh, my...those early-morning runs make the day so much better (and the coffee so much yummier). And it's so hard to remember that when the alarm goes off. Sounds like you're getting some momentum back.