Tuesday, September 16, 2008

this is why i don't invest in anything

Sunday night was a full moon.

I could tell yesterday at work.

At least I don’t have to worry about being attacked by feral hogs. Thanks, Metal, for making sure I occasionally look on the bright side of life.

By the time I got home from work, cleaned out my fridge, chopped up some veggies, cooked them, consumed them, and cleaned up after myself it was 10pm. I was tuckered out. I think I spoke with Peter when he got home from work, but aside from begging him to crawl into bed to keep me warm (it got down to 40 degrees last night and I’m not ready to surrender to the down comforter) I have no recollection of a conversation. This morning I think he mumbled something about a chill in the air, but I don’t count that as a conversation either.

Maybe tonight we’ll get to talk to each other about something more substantial.

Making up for the full moon yesterday, today appears to be adorable baby day. There are lots of chubby legged, chubby cheeked cherubs on the hips of hot moms. Tuesday is significantly better than Monday.

I think the Palin tide is turning. When Karl Rove says you’ve gone too far with “stretching the truth” you know you’re in trouble. This morning I had a visceral reaction to her voice. It’s like nails on a chalkboard. Plus? I really resent her droppin’ her gs and calling us folks “guys and gals.” This isn’t a hoedown, Sarah, this is one of the most important aspects of democracy you’re fortunate enough to be a part of. Her fifteen minutes are just about up.

Tonight: Have a conversation with Peter that doesn’t involve text messaging, work, or the weather.

1 comment:

metal said...

Metal: reliable feral hog watch since yesterday