That was an inSANE week. I survived. Enough said.
So how's about that Sarah Palin. Isn't she something? I've almost gotten over how much I think it seems like she's on the verge of whipping off her glasses, taking down her hair and giving John McCain a lap dance. I've almost gotten over my incredulousness at McCain choosing her. Honestly? I think this will prove to be the nail in McCain's coffin. Seriously. Now, I know, people are all "Oh, but she's such a good speaker and she's exciting people and she's mobilizing the Christian Right." I'm not worried. There is zero substance to her. Zero experience. Zero depth. Biden's going to chew her up and spit her out in the debates. Plus she's only been around for 10 days. There is so much time for her to fuck up and trust me she will fuck up. I don't care if she can shoot a big gun and skin her own moose. Living in Alaska for one's whole life doesn't really adequately prepare ones self for the intense media scrutiny she's going to continue to be under. She's gonna break and we'll all get to see it.
I can't wait.
An overview of one of the best weekends I've had in a long time:
Went to the market
Shopped at TJ Maxx for new clothes for Peter.
And a new lamp.
And a new pillow.
Went to OBI which officially makes me a real Hollander
Walked out on the pier at the State Park and sat on a rock.
Came thiiis close to finishing the GR Press Sunday crossword puzzle.
Made a yummy frittata.
Drove to Glenn and went down to the area my family used to vacation.
Both houses have been demolished.
The outhouse stands.
Wandered around Sunset Junque.
Bought some sweet nude drawings for $5.
And a birthday Desert Storm Keychain for Peter for $1.
Ate amazing food at Rye.
Drank an amazing Pale at Saugatuck Brewing Company.
If ya'll happen to be around the western Michigan area Wednesday night around 8ish feel free to stop by for some cake and hopefully a fire--weather permitting--in celebration of Peter's 28th birthday.
Should be pretty swell.
Monday, September 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I've been checking your blog frantically trying to get your opion on sarah palin.
I need more!
Crush her!
Crush her!
I can't wait for the VP debates.
everytime i turn on the tv or open the paper i shudder. i hope you're right. i need you to be right. please tell me you're right.
i finished the audacity of hope yesterday. worth reading.
i'm also reading a prayer for owen meany for the first time. love it so far.
what was the book you wanted to read together? please tell me the whiskey hasn't muddled that night too much that you can't remember.
i need to come visit soon. i've absolutely HAD IT here. i might have to move within the next 2 weeks, so that's going to determine whether my get-away is going to work as planned.
hello novel-lenght comment. sorry. be nice to your birthday boy--don't let ol' granddad get the best of ya.
Post a Comment