You plan and you plan and you execute said plan and said plan goes off without a hitch.
That was Peter’s birthday.
I’m calling it a success.
The cake was fabulous. As was the grilled chicken. And the cherry pie. And the fire. And the company.
I hate to amend my previous entry, but I’m starting to get worried about McCain and Palin. Their pig and lipstick response was so infuriating. I feel like we’re Mozart and they’re Miley Cyrus. Who do you think is going to sell the most albums? Not Mozart. Not when Miley is out there wielding a gun, waving a flag, and somehow managing to make offshore drilling look sexy and viable. Their whole campaign is so Rovinian it makes me sick. Let’s not talk about actual responsible energy policy. Instead let’s start chanting “Drill, baby, drill.” Let’s not talk about economics and trade and immigration and social security and education and health care reform and Iraq because the American people? They’re too stupid and lazy to put any thought into it. They’d rather vote for the one-liners and the sexy up dos. Thanks to Palin this election has become a popularity contest. And when your guy is out there trying to inspire people to take responsibility for the future of this country and their guy is out there making transparent sweeping statements like “we’re gonna throw out those self-serving bums in Washington” I wonder who the American people are going to “like” more.
I have no faith in the small population that actually votes in this country. They re-elected W. ‘Nuf said.
I think I’m going to try and read The World Is Flat. Or The Omnivore’s Dilemma. Or The Audacity of Hope. I’d like some nonfiction that’s going to get my brain going and give me someone’s perspective.
Suggestions welcome.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
sorry I couldn't make it. I really wanted to come.
I'm getting worried about mccain/palin as well. You put it very well comparing it to mozart and miley cyrus. The day-to-day 'swiftboating' of obama is infuriating.
I want to come back soon
success indeed. and sugary.
god damnint dekkinga do not use swift boat as a verb that is not ok
swwwiiiffftttbbboooaaatttiiinnnggg!
Post a Comment