What a strange little debate Friday night. I don’t remember ever having a format like that where the candidates were encouraged to confront one another. Though both were shaky at the beginning (and, quite honestly, as they started with the financial crisis which is political suicide for every politician right now, I don’t blame them), but I thought Obama rose to the occasion and at least attempted to engage McCain. In case anyone was counting? McCain didn’t look at Obama once. I think the format helped Obama given he actually attempted to state his opinions on issues and respond directly to what McCain said whereas McCain was clearly more interested in the same old same old sound bite-type debate. I know the pundits are calling it a draw with Obama coming out stronger on the economy and McCain being stronger on foreign policy, but I thought he was repetitive a lot: “Well, I’ve been to insert-relevant-country-here and I know said-leader and I have experience dealing with issue XYZ.” That line seemed to be he favorite opener. I’ve heard many a people criticize Obama for not being tougher with McCain, but I thought he held his own. I don’t want Obama to sling mud. That’s not the type of candidate I’m interested in. Peter put it nicely when he compared Obama to an athlete and McCain to a performer. Obama was on the Olympic wrestling team and McCain was WWF-ed out. Thursday night I’m heading over to my friend Michael’s house to watch Biden pummel Palin. I’m really looking forward to that.
In other news, I’m still wheezing through my days. I’ve decided that lungs be damned tonight after work I’m going for a run. I’m sure it’s going to end up being more of a walk, but I can’t take it anymore. I’ve been out for 2 weeks. I know many a people who think it’s lame, but running/biking is therapy for me. I’m happier when I do it. And lately? I’ve been not so happy. With summer waning and winter looming it’s more important than ever I start attempting to curb my tendency toward melancholy.
Monday, September 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment