David Foster Wallace appears to have committed suicide.
Well, huh.
I’ve attempted to read “Infinite Jest” a bunch of times and always gave up because, well, it’s “Infinite Jest” for chrissake. I’m notorious for going after douchebags who spout off about his genius and his innovative prose and his David Foster Wallaceness. I’ve always said I’m sure he is a genius but who can tell as he’s virtually unreadable and if you’re virtually unreadable what’s the point of being a writer? One of these days I’ll get through that book and maybe then I’ll get to be one of those douchebags.
The circle of life.
It rained all weekend. Hard. And it wasn’t one of those cold hard rains that are really enjoyable this time of year. Instead it was a moist damp hot rain that was unrelenting and unsatisfying. Hmpf.
Friday night I watched The Interview. I was somewhat heartened by the fact that Palin didn’t deliver. She looked Bush-like: deer in headlights, scanning her brain for the appropriate talking point she didn’t seem to really understand. The general consensus amongst the talking heads was that she didn’t screw up so she was fine which I think is setting the bar a little low for someone gunning for the VP spot, but what do I know. I have yet to read the Sunday Times which I’m sure will be chock full of illuminating coverage.
Better than Palin was Tina Fey playing Palin on SNL.
Oy this is gonna be a week. I have to work all weekend which is actually worse than it sounds as I have been switched to a different Saturday. I used to be on the A-team Saturday and I’m now on the C-Team Saturday. This will assuredly make my Saturday really sucky as my coworkers are the slowest and oldest of the whole team. Super! I also work Sunday which isn’t so bad except for the whole working 7 straight days in a row thing.
My mood isn’t good.
I’m going to blame it on the rain.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
girl you know its...
girl you know its...
girl you know its...
girl you know its...
cheer up, you live in one of the few lower peninsula counties not menaced by REAL FUCKING BOARS MAN
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080915/NEWS06/809150394/&imw=Y
Post a Comment