Wednesday, July 30, 2008

what kind of tail would you want?

  • The pie party was good. Much pie was eaten. My personal favorite was the buttermilk, but the chocolate creme went fast as did the heath bar. As usual.
  • We made an obscene amount of sangria. It's currently living the downstairs fridge where the liquor fish continue to soak up peach schnapps. There is talk of continuing to feed it throughout the summer. I'm considering tossing in some chardonnay and some peaches as sangria is officially the jungle juice of the wine world.
  • Monday officially began half training. So far so good. I was way faster than I ever thought I would be.
  • Tonight I run another canvass. My Obamamania has been reduced to one day a week due to my schedule.
  • I'm becoming obsessed with my bike. 10 miles is starting to feel way too easy and short. It's time I start venturing further. Much, much further.
  • Carl comes into town today, I'm going to a play Friday night, I work on Saturday, we're having a bbq this weekend with Christina, and Jack's birthday is Sunday.
  • It's hot in the barn. Uncomfortable for sleeping hot. In theory we might have a free standing airconditioner by the end of the weekend for our bedroom which is nice, but won't be helpful for the 90+ temps we're looking at in the next few days.
  • It's swimming weather. Big time. And I have yet to actually swim. This must be remedied. I'm thinking Friday I might bike on over to Laketown Beach for the afternoon.
  • I have an embroidered quilt looming. It has been cut out but I need to start stitching on it immediately. I'm pretty sure I need to stop thinking about it and go for it.
  • I've been going to bed early and getting up early. I think this might be my natural sleep schedule which makes me deliriously happy.
  • I haven't seen Batman. I need to see Batman.
  • I'd like to take a lil' trip to Chicago before the summer is up and the roof is closed for the season. Finding a suitable weekend and enough money to do this might take some planning.
  • So I'm going to start planning.

3 comments:

metal said...

the bullet points make things seem so official and organized

rebecca said...

good news:
-the roof never closes
-all you need money for is gas and food. the train can be very cheap.
-the roof is not a bar, so you don't have to tip your bartender and you don't have to take a cab home.
-you can pee on the roof if you're tipsy/lazy.
-you can hurl bottles off the roof at other buildings if you're kevin dekkinga.
-you can save yourself even more money by bringing booze/smokes from michigan.
-bullet points, yeah.

kevdek said...

I'll hit that building sooner or later.

Not only should you come to the city - you should bring your bike and we'll all go on a trip down the fabulous lakefront cycling trail.