In forty short minutes I managed to sign up for 4 events and possibly offer up our home to out-of-town staffers. Yeesh. Tomorrow I'm going to Holland State Park to register voters, Wednesday night I'm canvassing neighborhoods to register people, next Wednesday I'm working the Ottawa County Democrats table at the fair, and July 26th I'm co-hosting a House Meeting with Christina. We do indeedy have us a cool ass organizer from the campaign. His name is Paolo and he's from Brooklyn and he's a big old fish outta water amongst us, but the man's got a great attitude and doled out the Obamania like crazy.
I am such a sucker.
The market haul today was significant. I managed to get there early enough to get eggs, blueberries ($6 a quart...is that expensive? I honestly don't know...), a mess of peppers, broccoli, an eggplant (!!!!!!!!), kale, lettuce, salad mix, potatoes, radishes, and green beans.
Biggest haul to date.
There was supposed to be a fire tonight, but methinks the wood is too wet as is everything surrounding the compound. Meh. It's okay. I might still be fired out from last weekend.
I finally finished Suite Francaise which no one but Peter knew I was reading. I got about half way through, decided I was done done reading about WWII and Jews, then felt so bad about feeling as such so finished it. It was better than I thought though I suspect my feelings have more to do with the author's compelling life story than anything else. Throughout I've been re-reading the Little House series which makes me insanely happy. I like pioneers. I like Pa. I like Laura. I like calico. I like sod houses. I like the railroad. I'm also reading Eat, Pray, Love which kind of makes me feel like a tool, but I'm enjoying the read so much I don't care.
I've been feeling like a mess of contradictions lately which could potentially fuel some decent writing. I know it fueled me needless smashing a wineglass against the counter the other night. I just really wanted to break something. It really was satisfying. What would be more satisfying would be to write.
Which I'm just going to have to do one of these days.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
is peter making you feel like a tool for reading eat, pray, love? seems like something he'd do. if you like it-who cares. :) $6.00/qt seems good...they are $4.00/pt by us.
and way to be politically active! does it seem like there are a lot of obama fans around there?
Post a Comment