Tuesday, July 1, 2008

boo

Tomorrow is going to be a not-so-very-good day. I will be attending to my BFF who is having to put her cat, Boo, down. I won't go into the whole history, but Boo is from Grace's litter and she was originally supposed to be my cat. For some reason, right before we both moved out, Christina and I decided we should switch. So I ended up with very fat, very opinionated, very one-cat-household Grace and she ended up with very sweet, very perceptive, very slight Boo. Boo and Grace had one fateful year being reunited (Boo adored Grace. Grace has still not forgiven me for reintroducing her to her offspring), but Boo went on to be the most unique of 3 cats in a house. Unfortunately, Boo was also the runt and has always been plagued by health problems. After a long few years of many tests and many drugs (including a human favorite: anti-anxiety medication) the time has come where not much else can make her kitty quality of life better. This was a really hard decision for Christina. And though I'm welling up now typing this and I know tomorrow will be emotional, I know she's doing the right thing and I am so glad I'll be able to go with her to the vet and spend the afternoon reminiscing about Boo's life over a very large bottle of wine. I know that were our situations reversed she would do the exact same thing for me.

On a happier note: Summer Weekends O'Fun continued with Friday night at Travis' eating yummy steak and being the Supreme Winner Of Idiot. Bow down to me. I am the Idiot Queen. Saturday was market day where I spent too much on the first of the cherries and some blueberries. It's gonna be a bad year for cherries so don't wait for the price to go down and snag them when you see them. You will not be sorry. Saturday night we headed to Fifth Third Ballpark to watch the Whitecaps lose to the Lugnuts with the parents. Not only did we have the BEST seats (right behind home plate--10 rows up), it was Star Wars Night so there were Imperial Guards and Storm Troopers and a Darth Vader and alot of wired kids waving light sabers around. It was great. Sunday I went shopping and went a little crazy at the Bobbi Brown and MAC counters. I also got some purple polish for my toes, season 5 of SITC, citronella candles, a coupla shirts, and various other things I thought were essential but can't think of right now. Doing my part to stimulate the economy, I say. This does mean that I'm planning on spending the next week looking fabulous and sitting at home as I spent a little more than I'm now comfortable with.

UNLESS, of course, Kevin and Becky make an appearance this weekend. Which they should. And I might even get lucky enough to see Metal. Peter and I are both off for 3 whole days (okay, he's technically off for 4 but I don't want to talk about that) and aside from a family thing on Saturday we're free. There is talk of scavenging for firewood. There is talk of walking down to the fireworks on Friday night as the new boardwalk along Lake Mac has been completed. There is talk of Erin maybe finally showing up at The Sandbar for the first time in a very long time to prove to Pete that I am not decomposing in the trunk of the Honda and to prove to everyone else that Peter and I are indeed still together.

It might almost be too much fun for everyone.

1 comment:

rebecca said...

i like the boardwalk/firework idea very much. it may appear that i don't do anything but read your blog.

that is true.