Thursday, July 3, 2008

i'm starting to hate fireworks too

Boo is resting in peace in Christina's back yard under a beautiful pink hydrangea. It was rough, but not nearly as rough as either of us thought it was going to be. I am so proud of Christina. She had such a horrible decision to make and yet she went with the most unselfish thing she could have done. I am truly blessed to have her as a best friend.

I have officially drunk of the Obama kool aid. Next Friday night I will be going an organizational meeting right here in Holland, Michigan for the campaign. I will register people to vote. I will stand on street corners and hand out information. I will knock on doors and talk to people about Obama. This is the first time in my political life I am fired up enough about a candidate to do any of this. I saw my first Michigan ad last night and got tingly. If he ends up not being the real deal? I might officially be done with politics. So take that, Barack Obama. My faith in the political system of this country is in your hands.

For all ye interested in coming to Holland this weekend come armed with lots of bug spray. We are completely overrun. We're thinking Friday of having a fire out back and maybe hitting up the ghetto Kollen Park fireworks though all of that is up for discussion. Unless HELL freezes over I highly doubt a trip to the Sandbar will be in order. Both Friday and Saturday night there's a band. Maybe Sunday morning?

2 comments:

p said...

i think we need to sell some plasma for beer money this weekend.

erin said...

be cool, baby, be cool. you panic waaay too much.