Monday, January 24, 2011

this is what my life is supposed to be like all the time

Last day of Erin's impromptu three day staycation. Here's what has happened:

1. I cooked. Alot. I roasted squash and garlic for soup. I made up some sort of stew involving potatoes, goose stock, garlic kielbasa, onions, and mushrooms. I made my most successful hummus to date though the texture still needs work. I baked chocolate chip cookies Joy Jenkins-style which means they're the perfect chocolate chip cookie. I threw together a roasted beet, black olive, caper salad with goat cheese.

2. I officially abandoned the Joyce. I have a copy of "Swann's Way" translated by Lydia Davis. I'm currently reading "How Proust can change your life" which might be in the process of changing my life.

3. I am attracted to all things French right now hence the Proust obsession. But it's gone beyond that. That stew I made? French inspired. Serge Gainsbourg has taken up permanent residence in my daily music listening rotation. French decorating. French textiles. J'aime toutes le choses francais!

4. I watched the Packers/Bears game with Travistina and Xander. Fantastic pizza, fantastic cookies, fantastic time. It had been too long.

5. Joel came over for supper and ate said stew, beet salad, and Joy Jenkins cookies. We listened to records. We talked about whatever popped into our heads. We drank wine. It was a good Sunday supper.

Today: read the Sunday NYT, make breakfast of leftover stew with a perfectly cooked egg on top, head to the Grandest of Rapids to see Black Swan or The King's Speech, have supper at Founders.

It's gonna be a Devil Dancer for me. I ain't afraid of no heat.

No comments: