I succumbed to antibiotics. I feel like a human being.
I also succumbed to hours of Gossip Girl. For therapeutic reasons of course.
Last night we celebrated our annual we-are-sick-of-snow-so-let’s-eat-like-it’s-summer meal with the traditional burgers and fries. A little early in the winter season maybe, but it was amazing, if I do so say myself. I tend to have some trouble with the whole burger on top of the stove thing, but this time I did something right. Maybe it was the indent in the middle of the patty that made them perfect. I read that on chowhound. I think it had something to do with proteins and fats. Science. Yeah. Maybe it was the pre-heating of the pan for 5 minutes that did it. Maybe I finally didn’t overwork the meat. Maybe it was the butter I used so they wouldn’t stick. Maybe I left them alone instead of fussing with them constantly.
Who am I trying to kid here?
It was probably the butter.
I am currently working on a knitting project that absolutely positively must be done by next Sunday, but after that is finished I have this picture in my head I’m excited about putting into thread and muslin. I’ve thought about getting a sketch book, but I suck at drawing. Odd that I can pick up a needle and thread and do it, but not with a pencil and paper. There’s something permanent about paper. I end up freezing and second guessing myself. With fabric and thread I figure I can always just take stitches out and start over if something doesn’t look right. I recently checked out a bunch of books on artists’ journals and I found it really inspiring. What I should do is just go for the sketch book. Put some basic ideas down. Get over yourself, Davison.
I am reading Ulysses. And I’m only just about through the first section, but I can’t quite figure out why I made such a big deal about reading it.
Get over yourself, Davison indeed.
Saturday, January 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment