Monday, June 28, 2010

mad men. season three. hey-yo!

What a lovely weekend.

Saturday I had a lunch date that started at 12:30pm and didn't end until 7:30pm. We, of course, did not eat that entire time. But that's what happens when a friend comes into town somewhat unexpectedly and you haven't seen each other in about 2 years. It was awesome. And heavenly. There are now brunch plans in the works for the next time I'm in Chicago as this particular friend happens to be from Chicago as do about a brazillion other people I know from college. Some of these people I have not seen in 10 years. I cannot wait.

In market news: I bought the most expensive meat I have ever bought in my life. $20 for 4 lamb chops. Yeeeeeah. I'm TERRIFIED I'm going to mess them up. I have never cooked lamb before and it's grassfed which is awesome, but also a wee bit trickier given the lack of fat. These babies could go from perfect to overdone in milliseconds. Think medium rare lamb thoughts for me Tuesday night as I do them up.

Tonight's supper is also a market creation: summer squash, eggplant, onion, garlic, tomato and swiss chard on a bed of pasta tossed with walnut garlic scape pesto. It's possible I went a tad overboard with the veggies, but 'tis the season I say!

This week: survive work, clean the apartment in anticipation of some cool chickens staying over, run, market, go see The Press Delete at lemonjellos, make appointments for next week as....

it looks like Erin may have gotten that vacation time after all!

No comments: