Monday, June 21, 2010

happy solstice!

What a weekend.

Big market day: blueberries, raspberries and cherries are all in. I skipped the blueberries and went for the raspberries and cherries and strawberries. We also bought an obscene amount of asparagus with which I’m planning on soaking, blanching and freezing. I’m finally starting to get a little asparagused out, but give me a couple of months and asparagus soup is gonna be awesome. I also got kale from CJ’s and some new potatoes from Visser. The new potatoes are white (I always get their German butterball) and have such a potato-ey flavor I’m going to have to make potato salads tonight. Plus Visser brought me sugar snap peas which I’m putting in everything these days. I was also tempted by 2 different kinds of Grassfield farms cheese and DeBoer bread.

Market season is my most favorite time of year.

Saturday night found me feeling some zeal. Yummy burgers and yummy asparagus and yummy beer and good times were on the menu. Sunday was the annual Father’s Day picnic at the VanTils which meant yummy steak and yummy grilled shrimp and yummy asparagus and yummy kale and yummy greek salad and yummy lemonade pie. Last night we recovered from our social lives with some yummy tuna pasta salad with sugar snap peas and fresh cherries and a very special cookie.

The week is a complete unknown to me. I have no plans. I don’t know when Peter is working. I’m hoping the weather cooperates so I can get some rides in and if not rides than at least may it not storm so running is possible.

Now let summer begin!

No comments: