I'm sick. One of those sicks that makes you want to crawl into bed and not get out until you feel better. A sick that makes you feel dizzy and woozy and like passing out if you move too quickly. A sick sick. Unfortunately I have no choice but to be here as my partner in overdue crime is on vacation until Wednesday. I'm just gonna have to suck it up and get 'er done.
It's officially official: we're moving April 1. Technically we're hoping to move March 28. Or April 3. As no one can help anyone move on a Thursday. I'll miss the barn. I really will. That place is so unique and we had some really good times there, but it is time to move on. Time to have a bathroom that is all in one room. Time to have a full size stove. Time to have space for 4 people to sit around a table and enjoy a meal together. Time for Erin to have some freedom to go places and do things when the car isn't available.
It's just time.
I've been a cooking fiend lately. Soba with spicy sauce and tofu, chicken and dumplings, and chocolate chip bars. I also ate sardines for the first time (delicious on rye crisps with spicy mustard) and tried menudo Saturday night (the tripe had a way better texture than I expected-kind of melt-in-your-mouthy and then a little...rubbery. But anyone who likes calamari should have no trouble with tripe) I told Peter we should spend the next month trying to eat out of our pantry and freezer as much as possible so we don't have to move stuff. I foresee lots of lentils, beans, oatmeal, and bread.
Today: go get spicy thai food for lunch, survive the afternoon at work, go home to some bean soup, comfort Peter as he's sick too and suspects he's dying, and be asleep by 9:30pm.
Monday, March 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment