Friday, February 26, 2010

so

I stayed up too late watching women's figure skating. AGAIN. Thank the Lord that's over.

I started my morning off on about, oh, 4ish hours of sleep. I had some sugary deBoer's treat too late at night as I watched the aforementioned women's figure skating. I somehow managed to get Peter up and moving early enough to hit lemonjellos this morning for a biiiig coffee and thus began the single best morning at work I have ever had.

Ever.

I had a fabulous idea for the library that I think is going to come to fruition. I was complimented on my smile. I was personally thanked for being so "sweet" and "understanding." I was told my some of my least favorite patrons that I am their absolute favorite person at the library because I'm so nice. Old men found me charming. Young mothers were eternally grateful for my patience. I honestly thought maybe I had stumbled into an alternate universe.

And despite one incredibly bitchy patron and a really sad wasted man busted for having a half gallon of vodka in the building the whole day hasn't been too bad.

Tonight:

Go through those boxes of personal stuff I really want to just toss, but probably won't because my friends are right they are part of who I am and I will be sad 10 years from now when I don't have them.

Make spicy noodles. Or risotto. Something comforting and noodle-y.

Talk to Rebecca if the stars are aligned.

Watch Old Joy because it's warm and green and a perfect movie to watch on a really snowy night.

No comments: