This is what happened yesterday:
At 1:30am Tuesday morning I woke up with a sharp pain in the neck. I was up most of the night moaning to myself on the futon. I took fistfuls of ibuprofen throughout the day. Why, you might ask yourself, in the world did I bother going to work when clearly I was in substantial pain?
Carolina Chocolate Drops at the Ladies Lit Club, my friends.
A sold out, footstomping, handclapping good time was had by me. The cover of Blu Cantrell’s “Hit Em Up Style” was particularly amazing. It was the right show, in the right venue for this chicken.
One would think after such an awesome musical experience the day after would prove stellar. Unfortunately, this day was against me from the minute I was forced to open my eyes. There’s really nothing more to it than a general overall feeling of suckiness. In typical Erin fashion I also chose to handle this mood in the worst way possible: skip breakfast, skip coffee, and walk to work in the rain listening to Bon Iver.
Many thanks to Peter for bringing me leftover chinaman food just because he knew I’d need it.
He was right. I did.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment