Monday, November 17, 2008

it just ain't right

It is snowing. Normally this is cause for alarm in Erin’s World as it means at least 5 months of gray, cold, wet days (read: depression). And yet this morning I awoke to snow covered trees and felt like it was Christmas morning. I credit a new flannel nightgown that makes me feel like I’m Laura Ingalls Wilder, winter walks, my birthday lasagna dinner, my new chocolate brown Nicole Miller duvet cover, falling asleep reading Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, watching really good documentaries, the new heater maybe actually making things warmer upstairs, getting to wear my red hat, enjoying my job, the prospect of baking bread Wednesday afternoon, soup, feeling like we’re in this together, and the beginning of the holiday season.

I’ve been feeling lucky lately. Not lucky as in “Boy am I lucky I made it through this day” but lucky as in “I am so lucky to have the life I have.”

Ahem.

May the Pollyanna days continue.

1 comment:

metal said...

it ain't right i tell ya, it ain't right