Monday, November 10, 2008

but Peter doesn't even LIKE people!!!!

Bell’s was:
way smaller than I expected
Peter’s ground zero
a hippie’s paradise
delicious (Christmas Ale, Smoked Stout (!!!!!), mead, and Hunter’s Moon)
hard to find
practically perfect in every way

If it was'nt for the fact that it was in Kalamazoo and I unapologetically and wholeheartedly despise Kalamazoo I would probably go there every single day. That’s how much I loved it. It’s not Founders, but that’s because it’s Bell’s.


Bob Dylan was:
old
perfectly unintelligible
more sprightly than last time I saw him
played Maggie’s Farm, Rainy Day Women, It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue, Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum, Make You Feel My Love, The Levee’s Gonna Break, Ballad Of Hollis Brown, Things Have Changed, The Lonesome Death Of Hattie Carroll, It’s Alright, Ma (I’m Only Bleeding), Workingman’s Blues #2, Highway 61 Revisited (his only guitar playin’ of the night), Ain’t Talkin’, Thunder On The Mountain, Ballad Of A Thin Man, Like A Rolling Stone, All Along the Watchtower

There was lotsa harp and lotsa cool lighting and lotsa people around us smoking pot. Sigh. Two enthusiastic thumbs up.

1 comment:

kevdek said...

I got a call from peter during the show. It was so loud the phone could only pick up the sound in segments. Needless to say, I couldn't decipher which song it was but I appreciated the effort anyway.